MISSIONARY:
Someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others may be with their families for eternity



Tuesday, December 29, 2009

We received a letter from Justin in the mail yesterday, and I have been trying to decide if I should just type it all out, or just give you highlights of it. I decided to just type the whole letter since he is just so cute! Not like I'm bias or anything ;) I didn't use spell or grammar check because I want it to be exactly how it was written in his letter!


Dear Mom, Dad and Family, Dec. 25, 2009

Hey! Maligayang Pasko! that means Merry Christmas! So far our Christmas Morning Devotional we got to hear from Elder L. Tom Perry. He was awesome and afterwards he came to eat in our cafeteria and me and my companion got to sit next to him and talk to him. Im not kidding, he was awesome! He is also very tall and is about an inch taller than me. So that was very, very cool and a great spiritual experiance. We have another fireside tonight and im not sure who's speaking... Oh to answer your questions the MTC is huge! I'm in building 13M and we do have a BYU Bookstore here so I can buy pencils, pens, and pretty much everything else. My favorite thing in the MTC is gym so I can play basketball and they have some weights and a track inside... my least favorite thing would have to be that my dorm is on the otherside of the campus from the classroom and cafeteria. Its cold... Oh I just got out of the evening fireside and Greg Olsen spoke to us. He is the guy who paints alot of the paintings of Jesus that you all have around the house and his talk was good. And to answer more of your questions the Rosetta Stone program was alright but it really only teaches things for the traveler not an actual learner if you get what I mean. But if you finish it before I get back home I suppose you'll be alright. Oh which reminds me of a Tagalog phrase for Cody, if someone asks you how you are doing answer them guwapo pa rin which means, "still handsome" in Tagalog, I'd thought Cody would like that... anyways... in my previous letter I wrote, "Kumusta po kayo", which translated in English means, "How are you?" And why only DearElder? Because I only have a limited time checking and writing emails and as you know I am a notoriously bad typist... So thats why I guess and I love getting letters in the mailbox... So how is everyone there? Everything is especially good here and thanks for all the wonderful presents and cards and letters! please give everyone my thanks! Don't worry I had my comp take pictures of me opening presents well most of them anyways... the cheap batteries that I have last about 10 seconds in the camera so it cut out while taking pics. I'll have to buy some lithium batteries from the store. My comp and my roomates are all a head shorter than me and I outweigh them all by at least 70-80 heavier than all of them. They are all hilarious tho... oh and thx for sending me my rubiks cube and i'm teaching a couple other missionaries how to solve one... but... yeah are you guys trying to make me fat? I recieved like a ton of candy I don't even know where to start... haha. so I will write you pamilya ko which means my family.
I love you all and think of you continually!
Mahal ang pamilya ko!

Mahal,
Elder Robbins

No comments:

Post a Comment