MISSIONARY:
Someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others may be with their families for eternity



Monday, April 5, 2010

Hey you all! First thanks for the pictures of the family! I saved them onto my flash drive. Second, no I do not have a parasite, or at least i don't think so... But oh well if I do! I went over to a members house and she is going to school to be a Doctor so me and my companion wanted her to check our blood pressure. His was 130/70 and mine was 130/60 so I have low blood pressure now. I will send pictures of the apartment next week. But i do have a couple of pictures of me on the roof of the apartment.



The next picture are of a members little girl. She was all too happy to pose for the pictures and smile.

I do not have a shower. I have a bucket full of really cold water. I have to fill up a couple of buckets of water at the neighbors house because we don't have any running water in the house. But I'm used to it... There is no air conditioning in the house, only a few fans we turn on to keep us cool. My bed isn't a mattress at all. Its more like a thick pad. But its comfy. Ive been waking up these past few days with bug bites all over me, so I think i have bed bugs. Oh well. You remember how i have notoriously weak ankles right. Well the Filipino's roads are all uneven so i keep rolling my ankle a bit here and there. My companion just laughs at me when I do it tho. Im having fun here though. The zone every pday gets together to play rugby (just touch) and that is pretty fun. Our investigators are coming along nicely and im able to participate more and more in the lessons and in conversations with others. This one family the Tan's have really taken a liking to us and they always want us to come over to eat and talk with them. The daughter is the one in the picture. We ate over there Kahapon (yesterday) and we had rice, pancit, pork tocino, chicken as an ulam and filipino bananas dipped into a brown sugar mix and cooked and it is really good. Im starting to love filipino food. I have not recieved your package yet unfortunatly. Oh well... Well id better end. I love you all and have a good easter and general conference. Love you all. Makaroon pananampalataya! (have faith!)

Mahal,
Elder Robbins
We received this email first:
If you want to you can send me more clothes. Ive had to go down a couple of notches on my belt! We have a member come over and hand wash our dirty clothes and we pay her. I love the people in the Pines. Everyone is usually really courteous to us. Another email is coming with the main letter and pictures so dont freak out if you get this one first. Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment