MISSIONARY:
Someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others may be with their families for eternity



Sunday, April 11, 2010

Service Project

Hey! How is everything going over in America? Things are going well over here and no we have not gotten any rain at all. Ive only had it rain on us once and that was back in the beginning of March! Mostly it has been really humid here... and the rain will not come until late June early July! Anyways Jay R is just a branch missionary here, and no we have not had any baptisms since that first week here because this area was not very worked hard before we came. However, on April 24 yalta... we have 4 baptisms! We are pretty excited and are working hard here. My Tagalog is coming along better and the people can now understand me tons better! Oh i have to tell you about what our service was today. The whole zone went out to an area called Magsaysay to volunteer for a medical thing. It was held in a gymnasium and the place was packed because everything was free. The services offered there was as follows: shots, dentistry which consisted of a quick Novocain shot and then they yanked out the peoples rotten teeth. There was also pills for prescriptions, and free glasses for those who needed them, and circumcision. Yea here in the Philippines boys get circumcised when they are 12 years old. Those poor boys... it looked painful, and I'm glad i was only a few days old when i had it done. Luckily i didn't have to take part in that. But it was good. There was a lady outside of there selling wild honey, so i had to buy some. It was really good. No i have still not received your package yet and I will not until zone conference at the beginning of May! The mail only comes here twice a transfer, once when the zone leaders go to Manila for zone leader conference and the other time is at zone conference. So I wont get it for another 3 weeks... Bummer. Things are going really well here though and I am so happy to be here. I am loving the people and yes even most of the food here. This past week I got to try sea snake and that wasn't too bad just gagged a little bit but it wasn't bad. I received the letter from Carli when the ZL's came back and also an envelope that was all addressed out to me but was empty, and the strip to seal the letter wasnt even taken off. Oh well. Hows the new calling mom? Just remember that the Lord called you and he knows you will do extremely well. Hows work Dad? hopefully picking up and I hope your busy but not too busy to not be with the family. Hey i have a question for you Dad. Did that stupid Heathcare bill get passed? I hope not. I hear that everybody hates Obama now in America so an easy win in 2012 right? Ok im done talking politics hehe. So Brooke got her permit huh? The streets will never be the safe again huh? jk. Is Carli refusing to ride with her? Im, just kidding I know you will be a great driver Brooke! Well i love you all so very much and I am working hard. Mahal ko kayo!!! -Elder Robbins

No comments:

Post a Comment