MISSIONARY:
Someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others may be with their families for eternity



Monday, September 6, 2010

Hello everyone!!! So Im feeling alot better this week! Yes so friday I had an endoscopy which means that they numb you up and stick this long flexible tube down your throat with a camera and flashlight. Well before they started they wanted to know if i wanted to be drugged up and I thought they ment put to sleep but still numbed up so I said no. Next thing I know they are spraying this stuff in the back of my throat to numb it up and then start shoving it down my throat!!! So I was fully aware and everything but, my mouth was taped shut around this mouthpiece that allows them to slide the tube freely down my throat, so I was unable to voice my protest and I let them continue. It felt really awkward to have that tube moving around in my stomach taking pictures but it wasnt to bad. It turns out that where my stomach and throat connect is higher in my chest than its supposed to be so the stomach acid is constantly hitting that connection. So that connection is worn a bit so when I was sick the other week the connection couldnt handle it and and was pumping blood into my stomach so when I threw up it had blood in it. So the doctor told me that I needed to stay away from soft drinks, spicy food and anything that might be hard on my stomach. But everything else I can eat now. So dont y'all worry about me im ok now. Well sort of because in the hospital i checked my weight and can you guess what im at now because of that BRAT diet? 190 maybe? 180? nope im now at a skinny 175! im gonna try to send some pictures next week. You know I havnt been at 175 since the 7th grade.

So this past week we havnt been able to work because of sickness so we are going to have to work extra hard this week to make up for it. The companionship is going well and we will probably be split up this next transfer meeting. So my cooking skills here are getting better and I am learning more how to cook filipino foods. Also i am becoming quite adept at washing my clothes by hand but just because there is so much of it I finally hired a member to do everything but my garments (she cant wash my garments because she is unendowed).

To answer your questions about the condition of the hospital that I went to here; No i did not go to some filthy, nasty hospital. They sent me to the best in the Philippines where all of the missionaries go if they have sicknesses. So it was actually pretty nice and so were the doctors and nurses there. The missionary recovery center was pretty empty of missionaries and we had only one other elder there besides me and my comp. And mom, sisters are not allowed to hug elders even if its sister Delamare. And you were really tempted to get online and check out how much a ticket was over here?

Well I'd better finish up. i love you all and wish the kids the best in school, mom on her job search and dad at work. Thank you all for all that you all do for me and for all of the love and support and prayers while I was sick. I love you all so much and am looking forward to next Wednesday to get your email. Mahal ko kayo!!!


Love Always,
Elder Robbins

No comments:

Post a Comment