MISSIONARY:
Someone who leaves their family for a short time so that others may be with their families for eternity



Tuesday, September 21, 2010

So how is everything going in america? Everything is going ok here and I found out my new area. My new area is in the city of Bocaue, Bulacan and part of the Valenzuela Zone. Oh and did I tell you that I also recieved a new calling in the mission too? Yeah can you guess what it is? No im not training but, President has called me to be a new District Leader here in my zone. So I am pretty humbled by the amount of responsability that comes with such a calling and I am still a little bit nervous but like I said in my last letter; If God thinks I can do it, I can. So now I have to go to all of this training for new DL's so I have a lot of travelling to do this week. I also get to prepare a discussion every week for District meetings. Oh and I also have to tell you about my new companion. His name is Elder Cornel from Baguio City, Philippines. So he is a native. He just got done being follow-up trained so I am his 1st Senior Companion. So I have been out a couple of transfers longer than him in the mission but we're really not that far apart. But he is a really nice guy and is pretty funny also. I like him so far and we get along pretty well too. So our apartment is more like a crackerjack box than an apartment. It is so small! But thats ok. We are on the third floor and are the only apartment on the 3rd floor so we always get hangin (wind) inside the house at night which is a good thing and I get to sleep pretty well there.
So one of the missionaries in my district lent me the book The 7 habits of Highly Effective People and it has helped me so much the way I see the district, companions and investigators. I just want you all to know that I am so happy that I have decided to serve a mission and am constantly seeing the rewards and miracles that come from this work. Cody, I want you to know that I am proud of you that you have already made the choice to serve. Continue and remember that decision. A mission is hard work but the rewards are unimaginable. You will be glad that you have chosen to serve. Encourage all others in your age group in church to serve a mission and remember that if you serve a mission, your wife will be 25 times more beautiful. Its a scientifically proven fact! Well I'd better end. I love you all and thank you for keeping me in your prayers. I thank you all for everything that y'all have done to make me who I am. I love you all so much and want you to know that I am losing myself in this glorious work and would not trade these two years for anything. I love you all so much and I promise to send pictures next week! Mahal ko kayo!!!

Love,
Elder Justin Jay Robbins

No comments:

Post a Comment