The Seismology Institute reported a 6.0-magnitude earthquake struck West of Manila on Thursday (Wed. our time), causing the capital city's buildings to shake for 30 seconds and frightened workers from their offices. There is no immediate reports of damage or casualties and no tsunami alert was issued.
When initially reported the tremor had a magnitude of 6.2, but was lowered it to 6.0 after receiving more field data, according to the director, Renato Solidum.
Solidum said the quake was centered off Lubang Island in Mindoro Occidental province (this is the Island that Justin is on), about 80 miles (130 kilometers) southwest of Manila, six miles (10 kilometers) under the seabed.
The U.S. Geological Survey put the magnitude at 6.1 and depth at 21 miles (33 kilometers).
I'm sick to my stomach with worry and even cried, and my husband is so happy and thrilled for Justin to be going through this experience... Men!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Creepy! Hope all is well with him! Although I am sure it is. He is protected by the Lord :) What a great reassurance! Prayers are with him! Oh and by the way, I just realized I have never invited you to my blog, so if you want an invite just send me your email! :)
ReplyDelete