Bro. Doria
Bro. Hyde



Beluut






In the picture with the kids, none were members but we're working on it. Beluut is no eel it is a half-grown duck embryo. And yes it was disgusting... Oh and i ate shark the other night for dinner at a members house. It kind of tasted like beef jerky. Did you like the picture of the sunset i sent you? It was beautiful. There is a little island out there which no one lives on that I want to take you all to after my mission. Its very small like 300 feet diameter. Anyways we are working really hard, so hard in fact that I am losing track of the days.... It feels like i just got here. Oh this week I finished the book of Mormon again, and I was challenged to read all of the standard works while on my mission. Im already in D&C Section 23.
I am having some pants made for me here, with the fabric and work, two pairs of custom pants cost me about 500 pesos or 10 dollars. Thats alot better than 40 dollars per pants eh? My companion is from Tonga and speaks Tongan, English and Tagalog very well. Im still learning tho. My tagalog is coming along pretty well and people are actually starting to understand me! This area im in is so beautiful! My apartment is only a 3 minute walk to the beach, but we cant swim though. I cant wait to show you all around here!!!
Teaching is coming along well and since most people love americans usually when we are tracting they let us in. So we have alot of new investigators to teach. Have you gone onto google earth and checked out where im at yet? You all should, its so pretty.
I dont have culture shock, in fact im adjusting really well. When people see an american here they say Hey Joe! The older teenage girls just kind of smile and stare. But otherwise im not treated like a celebrity. Im not out in the jungle, im in the city mostly but every once in a while we go out to the more rural areas. My favorite thing here in the philipines is how pretty it is here. My least favorite is not having any toilet paper...
One thing that I really need here is hair gel. And resse's candy of course. I dont have anymore and they really dont have any here. The kids are pretty content with what they have which is very little. I have a ton of really nice seashells already because people here just eat whatever is inside the shell and toss the shell.
Well id better end here. I love you guys so much and I am feeling the spirit out here. I love these people (especially the girls here) jk I am so happy to be serving here in the philippines. Mahal ko kayo!
Mahal,
Elder Robbins
P.S. Brooke it depends on which color :) Mahal ko kayo!
* Brooke asked if she could paint his room that she moved into. Lonney is hoping that Justin drags his answer out for the next 2 years...
I am having some pants made for me here, with the fabric and work, two pairs of custom pants cost me about 500 pesos or 10 dollars. Thats alot better than 40 dollars per pants eh? My companion is from Tonga and speaks Tongan, English and Tagalog very well. Im still learning tho. My tagalog is coming along pretty well and people are actually starting to understand me! This area im in is so beautiful! My apartment is only a 3 minute walk to the beach, but we cant swim though. I cant wait to show you all around here!!!
Teaching is coming along well and since most people love americans usually when we are tracting they let us in. So we have alot of new investigators to teach. Have you gone onto google earth and checked out where im at yet? You all should, its so pretty.
I dont have culture shock, in fact im adjusting really well. When people see an american here they say Hey Joe! The older teenage girls just kind of smile and stare. But otherwise im not treated like a celebrity. Im not out in the jungle, im in the city mostly but every once in a while we go out to the more rural areas. My favorite thing here in the philipines is how pretty it is here. My least favorite is not having any toilet paper...
One thing that I really need here is hair gel. And resse's candy of course. I dont have anymore and they really dont have any here. The kids are pretty content with what they have which is very little. I have a ton of really nice seashells already because people here just eat whatever is inside the shell and toss the shell.
Well id better end here. I love you guys so much and I am feeling the spirit out here. I love these people (especially the girls here) jk I am so happy to be serving here in the philippines. Mahal ko kayo!
Mahal,
Elder Robbins
P.S. Brooke it depends on which color :) Mahal ko kayo!
* Brooke asked if she could paint his room that she moved into. Lonney is hoping that Justin drags his answer out for the next 2 years...









Hey Justin, Sounds like things are going well for you. I enjoyed reading your blog. Keep up the hard work, and the lord will bless you. We all miss you. By the way, If you hadn't heard, I blew the motor in the Mustang. The new motor will be better than before. We will go for a ride when you get home. For now, hang in there and make the most of these two years. We are proud of you.
ReplyDeleteLove, The Moon Family