Okay so don't get freaked out about the new email address. But this week has been great! I had my first zone conference this past Friday, and President and Sister Ho Ching and the assistants all flew out here for it. They talked about alot of good things and I felt the spirit and I also participated alot actually. The work here has been pretty good also, as we have 17 new investigators, 38 lessons with a member present taught, and 4 with a baptismal date. The Catholic church has a huge hold here. We ask them why they are catholic and they say," Dahil ang magulong ko sa catholic" Which means because my parents are catholic and they don't know why and don't have a reason. Filipinos here are funny tho. For example, at night while they're driving their motorbikes they turn on their headlights for a few seconds and then turn them off for a few seconds because they think that they are saving gas. Crazy huh? Most filipinos love americans tho and when we are tracting more than half will let us in to teach because they believe that its good luck if an american comes in their home. Ive heard stories of american elders just walking into houses and saying, "we are going to teach you" and the family lets them cause their american. I dont think i can do that though...
Okay so now I am at 89 kilos or about 200 pounds. Which means ive lost over 40 pounds here if the scales right. The names of the elders in my apartment are: Elder Holoia (my comp), myself, Elder Woodforde, and Elder Holverson (ZL's) So its pretty good. Today for our pday activity we get to play rugby (not tackle) so im pretty excited about that. Transfers are next thursday and our next pday is wednesday so no email monday. Sorry im gonna have to cut this short but remember i love you all so much and thank you for your prayers! Ill try to get pictures off as soon as possible!
Love,
Elder Robbins
P.S. Tell Joe and Tracy's family and Quinton thanks for the letter!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







He sounds like he is doing great!! I'm so proud of my little cousin! (lol) Great job Justin!!
ReplyDelete